Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) is the process of managing the entire lifecycle of a product from inception, through engineering design and manufacture, to service and disposal of manufactured products.
PLM integrates people, data, processes and business systems and provides a product information backbone for companies and their extended enterprise.
The goals of PLM are to reduce time to market, improve product quality, reduce prototyping costs, identify potential sales opportunities and revenue contributions, maintain and sustain operational serviceability, and reduce environmental impacts at end-of-life.
PLM systems help organisations in coping with the increasing complexity and engineering challenges of developing new products for the global competitive markets.
The Problems: Analog Email and Spreadsheets
The Solution: Digital Transformation with Bombyx PLM
The Return on Investment of our PLM
The Benefits of Bombyx PLM
- available on demand
- no conflicting modifications or deletions. full version control and audit trail
- shrink time to market
- reduce manual errors
- savings through the re-use of original data
- reduce waste
- improve supplier collabs
- improve operational efficiency
- reduce cost of quality
- permissions controlled functional access
- drive visibility and accountability through ownership
- savings through the complete integration of engineering workflows
- automate review processes and approvals with workflow
- easily find and re-use components/designs
- collaborate easily across the entire organisation
- ability to provide manufacturers with access to a centralized product record
- ability to quickly identify potential sales and revenue contributions
- documentation that can assist in proving compliance
- improved forecasting to reduce material costs
- improved product quality and reliability
- maximize supply chain collaboration
- reduced prototyping costs
- overall increase in productivity
- improved team morale
What our collaborators are saying
"It's very exciting to see something that matches our expectations of how things should be, and a pleasure to deal with people who “speak our language”.
This is why we ultimately felt comfortable and chose to sign on with Bombyx PLM.”
"Out of all the PLM systems we've seen, Bombyx PLM is by far the most attractive in aesthetic, and definitely the easiest to use and navigate."
"Bombyx PLM is incredibly easy to use, it gives us a clear overview of our developments and takes out a lot of the administrative work out of our workload. It is also really great value for money!"